26.5.16

Celebrating at Piccolino's

As a lot of you will know, I am from South Arica. I have lived in the UK for 10 years as of April 2016. I'll not bore you with the semantics of it all but I recently sent in for British Citizenship and on Saturday 14th May 2016 I received a letter saying I had been granted Citizenship. 

So naturally my parents and I went to Piccolino to celebrate. 


We are very fond of this restaurant as it has quite a high standard of food, service and a great atmosphere. 
It is a bit pricey but it's well worth it if you love Italian food and that Italian charm too!


You always get some fresh bread for the table and usually a bottle/jug of water for the table too. 
I love their olive focaccia. As with most Italian joints, the table is set with olive oil and balsamic vinager for your bread. I'm not so much a fan of olive oil but I do love to drizzle the balsamic over the bread. I could honestly eat bread and balsamic vinegar till I was blue in the face!


I opted for a glass of rosé with my meal, we normally have a bottle of Prosecco but my dad opted for a G&T this time. 


For starters I had Calamari with a garlic mayo.
It's rare that I get to eat calamari as so few places do it here in the UK, so when I get the chance, Im all over it! This was fresh and delicious!


For mains, my dad and I shared a steak board. The meal is for two people, as you can see, that's a lot of steak! This came with roasted potatoes and a sauce of choice. We chose a peppercorn sauce. It was very tasty. 
The steak we had done medium-rare and it was perfection! The right amount of char on the outside and perfectly pink on the inside!


Finally for dessert I chose the chocolate fondant cake. In all the time's I've been to Piccolino, I've never had this. I don't know why because it was glorious! 
It came with caramel ice-cream which is different but was very complimentary of the rich dark chocolate oozing from the cake.


I got a nice little surprise from my parents too whilst we were out celebrating, a Union Jack charm for my nomination bracelet now that I am a citizen. It was a very sweet touch from them. 



Where is your "go to" place to celebrate?


 photo 12_zpswz3qn3et.jpg
links: twitter // tumblr // instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your feedback or comments :)