26.9.15

Layering Up with New Look

Well I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to feel the chill now a days.
Seems we have had our fill of summer and the autumnal days are closing in, not that I mind.

I am a huge fan of layering, I love being able to chuck on a cardi to keep me warm in these transition days. I never know if its going to be just a little bit too cold for short sleeves or not because the sun in the morning tricks me. So having a cardi handy really is that, handy!

My favourite cardigan right now is this pink one with cute lace detail on the back from New Look*.

I really love this one because it's light enough but still gives me warmth. 
The knit is quite thin so it doesn't bulk up your outfit.

I've been wearing this quite often recently and it goes with most things, I've styled it with print heavy dresses, skirt and blouse as well as super casual with jeans and a t-shirt.

Here's how I wore it with jeans to go for a meal with the fam and do some grocery shopping.


 As you can see, Ive layered this with a t-shirt with a cami underneath. 


These jeans are the super skinny Rosie jeans. 
I love them for colder days as they're so skinny that they're like leggings and we all know how much I love my leggings.


I paired all this with my new Chelsea boots from Simply Be. 


The lace detailing comes all the way up the back of the cardigan and onto the shoulders.


The lace is really sweet and whatever you're wearing underneath shows through.

My tips for layering are pretty simple;

pick thin pieces so you don't feel too clumpy
if you find one item that works, get it in every colour
don't be scared to layer

If you're looking for some cute knit layering pieces, New Look has you covered.

Go forth and LAYER!



*this item was gifted*

 photo 12_zpsiexl6lgv.jpg
links: twitter // tumblr // instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your feedback or comments :)